FPL is committed to building a stronger and smarter energy grid you can count on in good weather and bad. We’re continuously working to improve the grid and investing in advanced smart grid technology to deliver reliable service to you. In fact, our investments in strengthening the grid and installing advanced smart grid technologies led to our best-ever reliability performance in 2017.
We’re also integrating emerging technology, including drones, robots and augmented reality – just to name a few – to help locate potential power issues and fix the problem before it affects our customers.
Get an in-depth look at our vast technology toolkit, and learn more about how we are using tomorrow’s technology today.
Smart grid benefits
- Improved service reliability by 32% since 2008
- Greater than 99.98% electric service reliability
- Enhanced detection and prevention of outages
- Reduction in the number and length of outages
- Faster repairs and more accurate time estimates for restoration when outages do occur
- Reduced operating costs and increased efficiencies - helping keep bills low
- Faster response during high-profile events